Sunday 26 May 2013

Bestest ever car tune

The good people over at Carcraft are on the hunt for the nation's favourite driving song.

You know, the one that makes you want to wind down all your windows, belt it out full volume and get funny looks from fellow drivers at traffic lights.

In a bid to keep everyone happy in the car, there are a few tunes that are pretty much guaranteed to please both us and our five year old.

Ruby's favourite song is I bet you look good on the dancefloor by the Arctic Monkeys, and I felt pretty proud that at aged 4 she could hold her own singing the lyrics.

We like a bit of Kings of Leon; and The Jam are always good for some car seat boogieing.

Wayne's World stylee, Bohemian Rhapsody has to rank up there pretty highly, although I do get a bit nervous when hubs starts headbanging at the wheel.

We have a CD in the car of local band Sister Ray which is also a firm favourite, regularly requested in the car.  I think the female lead has now gone solo and performs as Genna Marabese - check her out if your musical taste is of an avant garde nature.  I like her a lot.

However, there is one clear leader in the best car song stakes.  Much as I love ANY remix by Mark Ronson, the version of Valerie by much missed Amy Winehouse will always get everyone singing along.  Everyone - even me, who doesn't even sing in the shower.




Disclosure: This is a featured post in association with CarCraft.  All words and dubious musical choices are my own.  Please see my Disclosure Page for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment